Monday, November 16, 2015

So Far Behind or So Far Ahead!!!

The other day I decided I best get a move on if I am going to make that little Mini-quilt for Thanksgiving to hang on the mini-quilt hanger that I bought at a quilt show two years ago. It has been hanging out, totally naked, in my studio since then. It seemed like a great idea at the time. You know how that goes.
So, I chose a cute little pumpkin pattern to embroider on the Babylock Unity. This is an Anitagood Design CD.
I chose to run the embroidery on a 10 inch square, without a cut away layer. I switched up the thread colors as well. (who has all those colors?) Here she is with the stabilizer removed, ready to be squared up and some borders added. I have to cut it down a bit so it will fit the darn little hanger.
I still have to read the book when I do these embroideries. So much time is lapsing between projects I forget what to do! Yeesh! Thread everywhere, other projects in piles and bins waiting for their moment in the sun. This is not a staged photo, it really is this bad. I have a quilt in progress, three projects from the retreat and a pile of Insulbrite for making potholders on top of that. Haven't started the pot holders yet but I am thinking really hard about it. 
 That's it. No borders, no binding. Stupid little hanger. It is too small to do much of anything other than frame a stamp or maybe plan ahead and make a smaller version of the pumpkin. Hindsight is brilliant!

3 comments:

Lilwren said...

Hi there,
I love to read Colette too, but really was interested in your comment on doing a seasonal wardrobe using the vogue articles of yore.... So I subscribed to follow along with you, thank you for sharing! I am also interested in how you assign your week- newly retired and trying to organize myself to accomplish projects in my stash and fold in the new ones that catch my eye--
This topic today made me laugh with self recognition, I have several projects being juggled; a shirt, a series of applique bench pillows, embroidery and beaded purse, knitted poncho... You get the idea, they all want their moment too-
Best wishes, and again, thanks for sharing your experience organizing and completing a seasonal wardrobe projectt-

ELMO said...

I like it, it is project number 1. I still have the first owl I ever cross stitched. It was a measure of how my technique improved over time. Your pumpkin is a milestone.

celkalee said...

Hi Lilwren! So glad you are joining in. Being newly retired is such a milestone. Learning how to use your time wisely but also learning to enjoy life in new ways, without the pressure of day to day employment. I am always trying to be better organized and I know, without any doubt, that I need to structure myself to accomplish garment goals. There are so many amazing Sewists out there who share and I hope I can help in some way to contribute to your sewing experience. Welcome!

Batik Fabrics and Fall Projects

Quilting Digest offers this project and pattern, just click here to follow the link! Sewtopia is in a bit of a limbo the last few ...