Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Old Friends and Co-workers, Snow ( a new four letter swear word) and Smart Phones

Photo
I am still sewing "magic" blocks but I got this from a friend and former co-worker. Nothing sewing wise to share so here is a little warped nurse humor! 

I just heard on the radio, another sleepless night, that in our area we usually have 33 inches of snow annually, this year we are already over 67 inches. If I wanted to live in Siberia, I would move there, despite Mr. Putin! And to counter the peculiar enthusiasm in some circles for the "glamour" of returning to the Cold War, really? This is not a television series, it is real life, real people, real fear. A little more research might be required beyond a short sighted editorial.  *while I do not normally go political here this is the item that caused my sleeplessness. Naive and narrow thinking. OK, I'm done.

I have resisted the call of the Smart Phone. I am very happy with my dumb phone.  I actually had to have the Best Buy people search high and lo for this one. It is a flip, it is small, it is me. Now the national news is highlighting all the foibles in the criminal element related to the Smart Phone. I always knew that playing dumb  had its advantages!

Today, despite the cold, the ice on my driveway and everything else, I am going to my Tuesday Sew and Sews, see you all in a few minutes!!!  Bringing this.
Vintage Quilt, Applique

What is this number?  (45)



No comments:

What Do You Do With All That Rosemary?

My china closet that houses only the Polish Pottery collection, well, some of it. That little space below the hutch is not much good for ...