Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday Morning Miscellany

January 2014
A favorite must read every time.

While watching Downton Abbey I crocheted another Spindle Doily for one of the machines, not sure which one yet. Probably Miss Lolly after she has had "work" done!

A close-up, my instructions to myself on mini-legal pad. I use those little pads everywhere, for everything. Some I will sort and re-write my patterns and organize them in a nice neat little notebook. Note to self...do that.
Those little thread snips are new to me in design. I picked them up last week while shopping for fabric at a nice little sale. The blades are actually razor blade type things. Sharp, sharp, sharp. I went back and picked some up for my TRQ gift baskets.

quilt pattern
So here is the big kahuna. I ordered this from Amazon.com over a week ago. I usually get what I order in 3 days. I was getting worried I have to tell you. I searched the local Joann's etc. and they did not have this book. Why you ask? Well, there is a charming on-line Yahoo group called Small Quilt Talk. I discovered the group via  The Sentimental Quilter Blog.
These ladies make the most fantastic small quilts and many use this book as a reference. There is a 2014 Monthly challenge on-going. The block for January is Bear Claw.

bear claw
Ta-Da, I am going to take my book to a binder and have a spiral-lay flat binding applied. I don't like wrestling with books while I work.

view from my perch, my work basket at hand, Christmas decor packed away.


spindle doily
And since I had the pink variegated thread in the basket, I made another. At least I accomplished something yesterday!

  • Blogger is getting really twitchy again. Not happy about that. Am considering a move......
  • One more room to deconstruct and de-decorate, next year, I am going to re-evaluate the whole process. Lots of "re's" in that sentence. 
  • Since I am already two weeks behind in the Jan small quilt block I need to get on that.
Have a lovely Monday. 

No comments:

What Do You Do With All That Rosemary?

My china closet that houses only the Polish Pottery collection, well, some of it. That little space below the hutch is not much good for ...