Sunday, October 14, 2012

Fine French Knots

I wanted to share these little mini-quilts while I am busy doing other things. Some time ago, Rose brought these little pieces of art to our weekly quilt group. I have always been a big fan of French Knots, but this interpretation is really pretty.
 
First, let me apologize for not having much better pictures of these two projects. I will try in the future to improve my close-ups because the work deserves much better. This is an outstanding little pieced mini-quilt, but the kicker is the French Knots. Many, many colorful and dimensional French Knots. But even more interesting is the pattern source. Rose translated these from Cross-Stitch patterns. Yes, Cross-Stitch. Like Rose, I have many more Cross-Stitch patterns than I will ever use in three lifetimes. And my Cross-Stitch is really not that good. This may even work for me!


This is another one. My photography skills are more than lacking here. I want a better photo of each of these little bundles of flowers, in French Knots! I cannot believe how gorgeous these are. Anyone would love to have these pieces in their collection. Always looking for inspiration, these have really spiked my interest. 

Gratuity Moment: Dear Friends who permit me (and my cameras) to click away and to share their genius. Thank You All.

1 comment:

Jeanneke said...

The French Knots works are magnifique!

Meet Wanda Hanson, Exuberant Color

Always looking for inspiration for our own quilts, many of us follow other bloggers. Some are more, much more than quilters, they are Artis...