Some time ago, January I think, I mentioned that I was working on an art journal. A way to add some 'free thinking' to my process. While I don't share that journal publicly I wanted to share this little exercise. Based on a Doodle Project on the Inbox Jaunt Blog I thought I would give it a try. An art journal is eclectic, it is personal, it is an evolution of skill in some ways.
Now for my monthly public service reminders:
- The first of the month requires a gentle reminder to 1.) do your mending and 2.) clean your make up brushes if you use them, 3.) check for out dates on medications and last but not least 4.) check the Girls for irregularities or lumps. This is best done in the shower when you are all soaped up. It takes a couple minutes, it could save your life.
- Don't forget to use sunblock, 50 is now the recommended strength. Or don't go out between 11 am and 4 pm. Don't forget to cover your ears and head, melanomas and squamous cell as well as basal cell malignancies often form on the scalp and we don't even know it. See a dermatologist every year.
- Do not talk on a land line phone or cell during a storm. Lightning can travel through electronic devices if it strikes near you. I know two people who had this happen, at the same time. They both had burns and hearing loss. Not worth it.
- Speaking of cell phones, don't use or text while driving and please be aware the rest of us don't want to hear your lame conversations in a restaurant or shopping place, you are not that interesting. (notice the sharp edges on that conversation? It is very annoying.) Unless you are unconscious, (I know,) bleeding or on fire it can wait.
- Try a new eatery this month. Step out of your comfort zone, just once. ( You know who you are.)
- Be patient. Honking that blasted horn as soon as the light changes will only delay my response and my reaction will be slowed because I am afraid someone has stepped in front of me and you are trying to get my attention so I don't run them down.
Have you ever used your fabric scraps to knit a rug? Well, check this out! Crazy Mom Quilts.
Need some ideas for some quick Spring projects? Check this out at All People Quilt.
What's not to love here? Amy Smart and Vintage Inspired Dresdens!