Sunday, September 3, 2017

Rosita-The First Finished of The Three Sisters of Summer 2017 Quilts

October Public Programs
These are at Phipps Conservatory, Pittsburgh. Aren't they stunning?

 A little resting for Rosita in my sewing chair while we wait for the rain to stop. I have mentioned before that I like the effect of the wool batting for dimension in quilting. It creates an almost-Trapunto-like effect. I can't find it at Joann's anymore.  Looked yesterday and wanted to ask but the place was busy, busy and not the best time to query staff.
  • I will make another wool batted quilt, when I can find it at a reasonable price.
  • This is the first quilt in "The Three Sisters of Summer 2017 Series."  This is my designation for these quilts because they are all screaming bright colors and patterns with additional white components. Number Two, Popsicles and Icicles, will be shown in the next post.
  • The colors of Summer will soon be giving way to the colors of Fall, my favorite season. 
  • Have a lovely day, think about how to use more color in your life. We can all use a little more I think.
  • Jenny Doan-Stacks Quilt here! This is the original pattern for Rosita.
  • After washing, I am not sure I like the quilting on this one. Need to think about it more. Of course, it did shrink a bit but that is to be expected. 
  • I saw a funny video on Facebook the other day. It seems that a high school coach used to dance with M.C. Hammer back in the day. The team and other coaches blasted the music for him to demonstrate his skill. Can't find the post right now but here is the original! Can't Touch This



No comments:

Jeepers Creepers Are All These Things Keepers?????? (pre-warned picture heavy)

I was sorting things in the studio recently and was very frustrated in my bad habit. I must confess....I keep batting scraps. Cott...