|My contrast fabric is a solid Bella from Moda.|
|My main fabric is a Christmas Collection "Winter Wonderland" from Bunny Hill Designs. I think I bought this last year....I'm running a little behind. This is only one of the fabrics in the 42 designs.|
The one I have is #4 in the series. These are available at most quilt shops that stock Moda Pre-cuts, online and Amazon. Prices are all pretty much the same from what I have seen.
Can you see the little directional arrows printed on the stitching line? Geez, I think even I can follow this! Start with the star.....
I'm going all Merry Christmas on this one.
- each 10 inch square is a light and a dark, right sides together
- place the paper cake block on top of the square, preferably with the lighter block face up-makes it easier to see the stitching lines
- use pins, even if you are not a "pinner" the pins are needed to keep the layers from shifting as you sew all those bias edges
- shorten stitch length to 1.8
- follow the arrows, stitch along
- sew on the dotted lines, cut on the solid lines
- trim carefully after cutting
- get ready to replace your cutting blade at the end of the process
- the included instructions provide several options for setting, have fun!