Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Angles and Curves, a Quilt That Combines Both

Lets consider how creativity determines form. My Quilty-friend, Terri, is quickly become accomplished in the quilting art form. While she creates many works with needles, this quilt clearly illustrates how her creative soul translates a finished product. She added a scalloped border to this quilt and I think those actually define the piece. With the large crazy quilt blocks one sees straight lines, angles and geometric form. The scalloped border totally frames the quilt with smoothly angled curves. The contrast binding shows how much the curves contrast with the angles!  Quite frankly I would likely never have considered curves. I would have added something straight, boring, and yes.... straight. This is the difference in creative thought.Image may contain: indoor
To give credit where it's due it a MSQ company kit: Slashed half hexagon. The scallops and binding fabric were my addition. Per Terri

  • This color combination shows off the design very well and,  of course, I never met a dot I didn't like!
  • The border fabric, also in some of the blocks, reminds me of a Civil War print I have in the stash. Such a delicate design.
  • I have not done a scalloped border for a long time. On a baby quilt if I remember correctly. That child is now going to college in the Fall. I digress.
  • Speaking of baby things, I need to replenish my stash of gift quilts. I'm not sure when that is going to happen. Not enough hours in the day. 
  • Not so sure about this Summer. I heard that there may be some sunshine tomorrow. But the weather people seem to lie a lot. I'll wait and see. Have a lovely, creative day!   
  • Tune of the Day! All In My Mind-Maxine Brown 

No comments:

My View From Friday Night.....

Friday night was Light Up Night in Pittsburgh. I was lighting up a heart monitor! 6 hours flat on my back, two days of mandated rest and...