Wednesday, March 1, 2017

A Star is Born

I have shared many quilts made by our Rose here. This is a style that she does very well. The color blocking creates interesting secondary patterns and her quilts are always very "comfortable." You know what I mean, you could wrap up in them and take a nap any time of day!
The new element in Rose's work is learning to free-motion quilt on her new Mid-Arm machine. Anyone who has this machine knows that FMQ on it is very different than FMQ on a domestic machine. There is a bit of a learning curve but once that machine is familiar to you and calibrated to the way you work....you are golden. It took me a good 6 months to find what worked well for me.
 I love the way she uses the bright reds and blues contrasted against the tame little shirting and small print squares. So charming.

Thanks Rose. 

No comments: