|Our own Terri is an expert knitter. I am amazed since I am a lousy one. This little hat is stunning, note the knit-in braid. I think it is called a "Scandinavian Braid."|
|Just look at the amazing detail!!!|
|Aren't these blocks cute?|
|More free motion quilting.|
|Another find in her stash, Kay added this sweet little backing!|
- I was finally able to break away from the day-to-day business to get back to my group. It was so good to see everyone again.
- Looking around our table I see friends, talent, skill and smiles. A good thing.
- Having a fabric stash is a good thing. I know there might be 3 people that I have heard about who only buy what they need for a specific project and there are the rest of us. We will plan an intervention for them.
- Recent Facebook postings have highlighted stunning sewing studio's. I am not an envious person by nature so why am I so interested in these? Well, it tells me that I have some major work to do in my own space. I have gotten a bit lazy I think, so involved in the projects that the organization has gone off the rails. I spend more time searching the stash of fabric, patterns, embroidery discs, Accuquilt dies etc. I see beautiful spaces in large rooms and small, attic spaces and even storage sheds. My room is 14 x 18 with a full bathroom and a six foot walk in closet. Well, to be truthful there ain't no walking in that one. It is over flowing.
- I will do more research, probably move some furniture around to be more productive, or, maybe just dust and vacuum up the thread and fabric scraps!