- Returning to the place of most of my profession life is interesting. Not nostalgic. Interesting. How many years I walked those halls. How many souls I met...coming and going. How I still carry many of them in my head and in my heart.
- Talking with old friends and co-workers, the few that remain. Seeing how all of us have grown and aged. How our families have changed. Children have grown, parents infirm, spouses come and gone. And how some have stayed too long revealing discouragement and frustration. How this happens in health care. The stress can eat you alive, and does.
- Hugs from those who know of my painful loss. Sincere, some of them little more than nodding acquaintances. This place was also my home. These people were like family members.
- Young men who came to my unit as fledgling interne's, now with their own practice and remembering that I was a rather strong force in their education. Seeing my husband smirk as they recount stories. Your past follows you, you know. When you least expect it.
- And finally returning to this home that I have known for so long, in the snow, knowing that the challenges will not change, I will.
Tuesday, December 13, 2016
They seem to be asking the question....where did she go? She is still here Sewsts! She is returning to her role of full-time nurse and pa...
Seen of Facebook
6 hours sewing yesterday! 6! Haven't been able to do that for Months. Is the space a mess, oh yes. Do I care? Not at all. Crikey, whe...
Some years ago I "met" a fabulous, kind and generous person via an early message board that focused on hand embroidery. We were...