I suspect that you may be a little weary of the epic of the Penny Mat. This is it, I promise. It is done. It is sort of cute, useable and certainly Primitive. I will make another with a slightly different process. Since I had no 'destination' for it upon finish I snapped it with a candle, pseudo with battery power.
- I really like using a Kit for a new craft. All the pieces are there, they are color coordinated and there is essentially no waste.
- The pattern for this mat was well drafted and accurate.
- The written directions were good, a little wordy at times. Not entirely clear on some points explanations a little more complicated than they needed to be, but totally manageable.
- The Steam-a-Seam 2 adhered well to the black wool base mostly because the backing fabric was applied immediately, not manipulated and handled before it was secure.
- The finished weight of the piece is good. It lies nice and flat, no curled edges. The double pennies help with that.
- I will make another one, same size with my wools and a different process. I'll let you know how that works out.
- Have I mentioned how much I like working with wool? (:)
- about the kit
- Originally published January, 2014.